If you would like any extra sessions or ad hoc sessions please speak to either Carol or Dawn to check the availability as it changes daily. We do ask, where possible, for ad hoc sessions to be booked and paid for in advance.
arrival and departure
A member of staff will be at the door for meet and greet. Your child will have their own coat peg and tray as well as a duck for self-registration. Please encourage your child to settle by helping them find their named duck, carpet mat and a book. Do feel free to stay for a while to settle your child in. Please remember to sign your child in and note if making alternative arrangements for collection. Please also remember to sign them out once you collect and be sure to check your child’s tray for letters, paintings etc.
If someone else is to collect your child, they must have your password known only to yourself and the Playschool.
At the end of the session, the children will be called to you to the main room. A member of staff will be at the door to release them to the parent/guardian and sign them out.
Parents are respectfully reminded that before the session starts and once children are released from the main room at the end of the session, that they are responsible for them in and around the Playschool area. Please make sure the wooden gate is latched and bolted each time it is used.
We try at all time to keep the routine flexible and follow the childrens’ needs and requirements. When the weather is good, we have the doors open all the time to allow for free flow play and exploration.
No matter the weather, we will always encourage the children to play outside so ask that all children have spare clothes and waterproofs packed in their bag
- 08:30-09:10 – Meet and Greet / Self Registration
- 09:20 – Circle Time – Register, Letters and Sounds, News, Calendar, Weather, Topical Talk
- 10:15 – Rolling Snack Café – The children are free to pick their own healthy snack and pour drinks. Snacks consist of healthy fruit of vegetables
- 11:00 – Topic Activity / Free Play – Each term there is a different topic, which follows the childrens’ interests
- 11:40 – Storytime and Songs
- 12:00 – Lunch / Hometime / Meet and Greet
- 12:20-12:45 – Quiet Time – The children enjoy a selection of books in the story corner
- 12:45 – Circle Time
- 13:00 – Topic Activity / Free Play
- 14:00 – Snack
- 14:20 – Outdoor Play
- 14:45 – Storytime and Songs
- 15:00 – Home Time (After school children collected from Broad Chalke Primary School 15:15)
- 15:00 – Free Play / Activity Offered
We have a wonderful weekly timetable for the children including gardening, cooking, music, outdoor learning and visiting the adjacent primary school to use their library and hall
Each term a newsletter is sent home to inform you of the terms curriculum focus and events or outings. This will also include term dates and information on fundraising for the Playschool.